Monday, April 10, 2006

Thorsten 10/04/06

Yes, I'm afraid so, I'm now officially 30 but pleased to say I don't feel any different!! My birthday party in Berlin was great and thank you so much to those of you who came and celebrated with me. I hope you enjoyed yourselves as much as I did! I think the guy in the Turkish 24 hour bar is going to miss our company!!

Berlin was a really interesting city and a great stopover. It's hard to believe that less than 20 years ago the east and west were different countries. You can see the difference in the buildings but, other than the cobbles marking the wall's route and the small 200 metre section left standing, Berlin is now, at least officially, a united city. Amazing to think that history was made in our lifetimes when the wall came down. We enjoyed being proper tourists; took a bus tour of the city, visited Checkpoint Charlie, took photos with one leg in the east and one in the west, had breakfast in KaDeWe, visited the Brandenburg Gate and the Reichtag and drank loads of Berliner Pilsner!

Thanks again to everyone for coming, it was a special birthday and will always be a fantastic memory for me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all had a great time in Berlin and thoroughly enjoyed the party in the farm room, although I kept an eye on that chicken in the rafters just in case it sneezed!
And the milka marzipans went down very well - very tasty.

12:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home